Thursday 24 May 2007

Gundam

Welcome to the Universal Century. In this near future, over 80% of humanity live in space colonies in Earth orbit, ruled over by the Earth Federation.

The friction between Earth and its colonies soon escalates into the devastating One Year War, which serves as the backdrop for Gundam Mobile Suits.

Even after the One Year War, the struggle continues, and throughout the UC era, Earth and the space colonies will clash, time and again, in a never-ending conflict...

Welcome to Gundam.

Gundam is very popular here in Hong Kong, it reflects the obsession with all things Japanese that the youth culture here entertains.
I thought I better discover the joys of Gundam.


Six long, eye-straining hours later I had made my first Gundam…


He is ‘Oowashi Akatsuki Gundam’, and seems to be operated/driven by a small blonde girl, although I still haven’t quite worked out that bit.

Were the six hours of kit box model assemblage all through the night worth it, for six inches of golden angular plastic?
The answer must surely be yes.

2 comments:

x-M-D-x said...

hello, well what can i say about your...masterpiece? Its very pretty, and im sure the 6hours were very worth it!
xx

Joe Otley said...

please please bring me back one of those/remind me to buy one when i come visit. beats those wooden dinosaurs we made when little